Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
27551 Discussions

Find All References causes Visual Studio to become unresponsive

Nathan_K_
Beginner

When I right click a Fortran subroutine and choose "Find All References" from the context menu, Visual Studio becomes unresponsive. I must use task manager to end Visual Studio's process.

My solution is comprised of mixed languages C++\C\Fortran\.NET.

Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2013
Version 12.0.31101.00 Update 4
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 4.5.51209

Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows*     Package ID: w_fcompxe_2015.3.208
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Update 3 Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* 2013, Version 15.0.0121.12, 

This issue seems similar to the locked topic 509022: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/509022#

It appears that this is known issue (I do not see a defect ID however). 

Please correct this defect!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm not sure what happened to the earlier report - I can reproduce the problem and will send it to the developers. Issue ID is DPD200369926.

Rene_Blankenburg
Beginner

The problem still seems to remain. I'm using Visual Studio 2013 Pro and Intel Fortran 17.0.4 in a mixed language solution. Is there any plan for a fix, since the feature is quite useful...

Many thanks and best regards

Rene

Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III

Interesting, VS2015 update 3 and 17.0.4 shows the same behavior in mixed C/Fortran project. E.g. it is reproducible with the Intel Fortran sample 'C_calls_Fortran'. Please, Intel have a deeper look into VS integration. There is so much potential for not only this feature.

Devorah_H_Intel

This issue was not fixed yet. I updated the bug report with additional information provided here.