Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26746 Discussions

Fortran 19.1 not found in XE 2020 with VS 2017 or 2019 prof. edition

Gobinath__Thulasiram

I installed the ParallelXE2020-composer edition along with visual  studio 2017/2019 professional edition, tried community edition version with the very same result. No error messages but can't find fortran compiler at all  under intelSWtool directory (zero "ifort" files) .Yes I turned the desktop c++ module during VS installation .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gobinath__Thulasiram

Thanks to the on-line support. Problem has been  identified. Purchased product was only c++ need to buy a different product  titled c++ and fortran compiler to get the fortran compiler. Originally thought it was included in the c++ purchase.  I will close this topic. Thx. - Gobi

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

The Composer Edition comes in three flavors: "Composer Edition for C++" (C++ only), "Composer Edition for Fortran" (Fortrran only), and "Composer Edition" (both C++ and Fortran). It is confusing. The higher editions always include both languages.