Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

Fortran 2019.5 integration disappeared when updating Visual Studio 2019

LeonardB
New Contributor I

Fortran 2019.5 integration into Visual Studio 2019 worked well until today when VS updated.  The integration has now disappeared and it does not help to reinstall the Fortran integration.  During install it looks OK, but when opening VS, there is no Fortran found.

Any easy fix to this problem?

Leonard

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_DiLaura1

I have found that the last two update to VS 2019 have clobbered the Fortran integration. I had to resort to uninstalling Fortran and then explicitly requiring the integration into VS2019. I found that (just) reinstalling or repairing didn't work. I don't let VS 2019 update itself anymore.

David

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Inside VS click Extensions > Manage Extensions. Under Installed - uninstall all Intel extensions. Run Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 5 installer again, select VS 2019 during IDE target selection. 

No easy fix, unfortunately. Sometimes VS updates break existing integration.

0 Kudos
LeonardB
New Contributor I

Under VS, Extensions>Manage Extensions>installed there were no Intel extensions showed.  Rerunning the IVF installer with modify or repair, it looked like installer did its job with the VS integration, but without success when opening VS. 

Complete uninstall of IVF followed by a fresh new install helped.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

LeonardB wrote:

Complete uninstall of IVF followed by a fresh new install helped.

Glad to hear, that it works now.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Try the preview version of VS 2019 it works well and updates well with IVF

0 Kudos