Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran Compiler + Nvidia GPU

routaran
Beginner

Hello,

I wanted to know if the Fortran compiler packaged in the Intel OneAPI HPC Toolkit can take advantage of an nVidia GPU. The system requirements page (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/system-requirements/oneapi-fortran-compiler-system-requirements.html) explicitly lists only Intel GPUs for acceleration so i wanted to confirm if our nVidia GPUs are no good, and that we'd need to purchase Intel GPUs.

The end user currently has a Dell Precision 7770 mobile workstation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

At this time, only Intel GPUs are supported by Intel Fortran for offload. This may change in the future (probably not near future, but that's just an assumption on my part.) 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

At this time, only Intel GPUs are supported by Intel Fortran for offload. This may change in the future (probably not near future, but that's just an assumption on my part.) 

Ron_Green

Correct, currently IFX OpenMP offload can only target Intel GPUs.

Perhaps you have heard the press about the Code Play plugins for NVIDIA and AMD.  These plugins are for SCYL C++ compilers like our Data Parallel C++ Compiler and the open source version of that compiler on github.  Perhaps a few other C++ SYCL compilers.

We have had a lot of requests for Intel Fortran OpenMP offload to non-Intel GPUs.  And I mean a lot of requests.  I will add this post to the list of requests for this functionality.

hkvzjal
New Contributor I

This would be very much appreciated !!

0 Kudos