Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 6

franke_goularte__bru

Hello,

I would like to know how can I download a older version of Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update 6. On the web site the oldest version that I can have is from 2016 Update 1. The information avaliable on this page is not working: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-product

Please, can someone help?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I don't think they have software that old available  for download. Why do you need such an old version, is it to use with some FEA system? Normally you can use a more recent system they just quote the last version that they tested as being compatible. 

0 Kudos
franke_goularte__bru

Exactly, in my case ABAQUS. I contacted also their Support and it seems to be possible to run in more recent versions as you said.

There are no much information about it, some few tutorials on internet relying on some older versions as Fortran Composer XE 2011.

I wanted to do exaclty as it shows, that's why I was trying to download older versions from Fortran Compiler.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

if you search this forum you will find a few topics on abaqus that might help.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

franke goularte, bruno wrote:

Exactly, in my case ABAQUS. I contacted also their Support and it seems to be possible to run in more recent versions as you said.

There are no much information about it, some few tutorials on internet relying on some older versions as Fortran Composer XE 2011.

I wanted to do exaclty as it shows, that's why I was trying to download older versions from Fortran Compiler.

An 8-year-old compiler is more likely to have bugs that may affect your compilation. An old compiler may not be compatible with a more recent version of Windows, and some of its software prerequisites (such as a Windows SDK, Visual Studio) may no longer be available.

Looking for old software simply to enable you to "do exactly" as some third party Web site says is, in my opinion, putting the cart before the horse. It would be more useful to learn how to adapt the ancient prescription to a modern compiler and operating environment.

0 Kudos
Greg_T_
Valued Contributor I

Hi Bruno,

Did you find other articles in this forum that helped you?  I am able to run Abaqus with user subroutines using Fortan XE 2018 and 2019.  My approach is to open the Intel Compiler command window (Start -> Intel Parallel Studio XE 2019 -> Compiler for Intel 64) and run the abaqus job with the "user=" option from there.

As Andrew_4619 suggested, if you search the forum using "abaqus user subroutine", then list by most recent, you should find helpful articles.  For example: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/805739

Regards,
Greg T.

0 Kudos
franke_goularte__bru

Hi Greg T.,

The answer I found partially here in the forum and with ABAQUS support. ABAQUS 2018 works fine with the recent compiler versions by using the same approach that you said. The only issue is with older versions from ABAQUS, 2016 in my case, due to a missing Microsoft MPI 5.0 SDK. The compiler seems to work in that case, but the link between both is not working.

Regards,

Bruno

0 Kudos