Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran Dll open file

okbi_z_
Beginner

Hello, After weeks of search...

I have a program written in fortran, which, inside a subroutine makes an "open (file .....)" My program works very well.

But as soon as I make a dynamic library (DLL) of this program and I call my subroutine from a java program (JNA), it blocks when arrive at the "open" action!

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

What exactly do you mean by "blocks"? Which version of Intel Fortran are you using? What are the compile options? 

If you are building in Visual Studio, I recommend setting the project property Fortran > Libraries > Use Runtime Library to "Multithread DLL".

0 Kudos
okbi_z_
Beginner

Hello, Intel Fortran Compiler 17.0, visual studio

Thank's Dr Fortran 

The error was "invalid memory access" I could thanks to this forum for help me to find a solution, which consisted of putting in the same folder my Fortran dll , as well as my Jna librarie, why? I do not know!!! On the other hand my program in fortran worked quickly, there, oddly, it takes 4 minutes to provide a result, which it provided in less than a second !!!

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I would guess then that your Java code didn't check for failure to load the DLL.

0 Kudos