Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran & C compilers

fort
Beginner

I'm porting a Fortran application to Windows 10.

I installed ifort 2022.0.0

The fortran routines compiled  (apparently) with warnings, but no errors.

Oops, the application has some C routines!

Installed C compiler 2022.0.3

The C routines compiled (apparently) without trouble.

Linking is done with ifort command, but now ifort is not recognized as a command in the Intel oneAPI command prompt.

I've searched for *vars.bat, but haven't found one that resets the environment so I can compile with ifort.

Thanks,

Please tell me which Location to Select, if this is not the best.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

Oh wait

You cannot have Fortran at one version, 2022.0.0 and Intel C/C++ at another version 2022.0.3

There is a common link 'latest' that is used to point to the current COMPILERS (plural) version (singular).

SO if you installed C/C++ from a oneAPI 2022.1.3 package, you need the matching Fortran from a oneAPI 2022.1.3 package.

Else ifort 2022.0.0 will not be found - the 'latest' link got set to 2022.0.3 by the C/C++ installation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

fort, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, just to let you know, I just moved your thread to the proper department so they can further assist you on this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\setvars.bat

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi fort,

Please let us know if there are any further issues. Do let us know if your concern persists even with the path provided by Steve_Lionel on the thread.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

Oh wait

You cannot have Fortran at one version, 2022.0.0 and Intel C/C++ at another version 2022.0.3

There is a common link 'latest' that is used to point to the current COMPILERS (plural) version (singular).

SO if you installed C/C++ from a oneAPI 2022.1.3 package, you need the matching Fortran from a oneAPI 2022.1.3 package.

Else ifort 2022.0.0 will not be found - the 'latest' link got set to 2022.0.3 by the C/C++ installation.

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi fort,

Please let us know if there are any further concerns.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi fort,

We understand that you might be looking into the issue. However, this is to update you that we have not heard from you on our previous responses. Please reply within the next 24 business hours to keep this thread active.

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos
Soumya_M_Intel

Hi fort,

Since our internal team has responded back with the answer, we are closing this thread. However, if you need any additional information, please feel free to post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel®. 

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,

Soumya

0 Kudos