Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Fortran compiler does not provide iso_c_binding module. ?

Bachir__Abdelmalik

Hello,

I am trying to compile abinit-8.10 https://www.abinit.org/ using Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux update 4 - 2018. However, I am getting this error : 

"Checking whether the Fortran compiler provides the iso_c_binding module... configure: error: Fortran compiler does not provide iso_c_binding module. Use a more recent version or a different compiler"

Can you please help me to fix this problem ?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, the module is in that update. Perhaps you accidentally deleted it? Uninstall and reinstall the compiler and it should come back.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, that module has been provided for many years. You should check that the INCLUDE environment variable is properly set. It is also possible that the script that gives that error is testing incorrectly.

0 Kudos
Bachir__Abdelmalik

But this module is not provided in the release ; "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux 2018 (update 4)".

While it is already exist the release : 2017 (update 8).

Regards.

0 Kudos
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

I cannot reproduce this. Configure runs without failure with ifort v18 Update 4.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes, the module is in that update. Perhaps you accidentally deleted it? Uninstall and reinstall the compiler and it should come back.

0 Kudos
Bachir__Abdelmalik

Thank you for answer,

Yes,  I uninstalled and reinstalled the compiler and it fixed the problem.

Best regards.

0 Kudos