Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Getting an error popup after loading Fortran solution

ferrad1
New Contributor I

I am upgrading to IVF 2021 with VS 2019 Community.

Every time I open my SLN file, I get an error popup about a missing directory \bin32 (see attached).  If I click OK, the 2nd popup comes warning about Intel Advisor XE 2013.  The project correctly loads after clicking Yes, and appears to run fine, however I'd really like to get rid of these popups, mainly the first, as I can suppress the 2nd it seems.

Any idea how I fix the first popup?

IVF version is:  Intel(R) 64, Version 2021.5.0 Build 20211109_000000

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ferrad1
New Contributor I

I managed to suppress this popup by Manage Extensions -> All -> Intel Advisor -> Disable

Although I have no idea whether I need it or not.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you don't know, then you don't!  Intel Advisor is a tool that analyzes your running program and makes suggestions that may improve performance. It's part of the oneAPI Base Toolkit, but it seems you have an ancient version still installed. I would first look to see if Advisor XE 2013 is installed and uninstall it if needed. Then, in the Windows app list, select the oneAPI Base Toolkit, Change/Modify, and deselect Advisor if you don't plan on using it.

0 Kudos