Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Gripe - Please remove annoying Give Feedback pop-ups

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Too many times on this new website design I receive a pop-up to complete a survey. Even though I have filled in the survey. This is quite annoying.

Also, as filed in different thread, when I keep the community.intel.com website open overnight (or even for a few hours) it logs me out. This too is annoying to have to keep logging in.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

As far as I can see, there are a small group of users for the website, who make me think of the -- the blasted survey just popped up -- the lost Battalion in WWI, if you do not know the story it is worth the read or watch the flic. 

The website is powered by a large machine who wish to crush the living souls or perhaps sanity of the users - in the lost Battalions case it was the might of the German Army - the whole might -- we are merely peons in an endless struggle for light and fulfillment in the search for FORTRAN 2050. Please 2050 have streams and a way to read CSV files.  

Я ненавижу этот сайт и хочу вернуть старый.

Which is Russian for take me home Scotty or actually bring back the old. 

Of course, as we all now the machine wins, except with the Lost Battalion - they won and upset the German War machine.  The Germans did not lose WWI, they gave up - there is a difference. 

I see a dark light with a dark character who created this web site - probably 18 year old from Stanford with a degree in CS - reading these comments and saying - boomers. 

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

>> probably 18 year old from Stanford with a degree in CS - reading these comments and saying - boomers.

Yes, more interested in generating "likes" for the website instead of servicing the needs or wants of the users.

Jim Dempsey

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Exactly what my 13 year old daughter says, when she is in a mood.

At least boomers Fortran -- I spent last night on a zoom call with people who like MATLAB, R, Python and are all the same team and asked what was Fortran 

I said fast and powerful and easy to learn.  One said he took 4 days to run a matlab program but Python did it in hours, I said in Fortran you could learn the language and do it in the same time, 

So, in the spirit of my youth as a boomer, back when Nixon was president, and Reagan was a B grade actor

Spikenards. 

Of course for a modern audience I used the Himalayan variant. 

Spikenard, also called nard, nardin, and muskroot, is a class of aromatic amber-colored essential oil derived from Nardostachys jatamansi, a flowering plant of the valerian family which grows in the Himalayas of Nepal, China, and India. Wikipedia 

0 Kudos