Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

HELP! ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

turgut_k_
Beginner

Dear friends,

I am trying to install ifortran for Ubuntu, tried everything for a couple of weeks!! Help me please, this is so urgent for my thesis.  here is the screenshot:

screenshot

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78bN6G1BMmHRjBvMnB4d3U0S1U/edit?usp=sharing

thank you for your time,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Ron_Green

The license shown in your screen shot was registered Monday 1/13/2014. 

First, I have resent your license file to you.  Save this in /opt/intel/licenses.  do NOT edit the file in any way.  Doing so will corrupt the license.

Next, have you installed all prerequisites?  http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-compilers-for-linux-with-ubuntu

Finally, what version of Ubuntu are you using?

When you installed as root or sudo, what was your umask set to when you did the installation?

ron

0 Kudos
turgut_k_
Beginner

Dear Ronald,

thank you for your reply, I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I installed fully "Full offline installer package". Is there any prerequest prog for ifortran?  

"First, I have resent your license file to you.  Save this in /opt/intel/licenses."

I dont have any licence file, do you mean the new program download link with the same licence?  Do i need to uninstall and install it again? Unfortunately, I tried this before a couple of times. May i get your  time for distance connection? Thank you for your time, Kindly,

turgut 

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Although re-installing will ensure that the license is copied to a path such as /opt/intel/licenses, simply following Ron's instruction to put it there will be sufficient if you previously installed successfully.  You must then source the compilervars (or ifortvars, same thing) script in the compiler installation, as mentioned in the web browser which comes up at the end of your installation.  As I don't remember the path, I usually do something like 'find /opt/intel/ -name comp*vars*' then source the appropriate .sh or .csh script.

If you must re-install and haven't installed proper prerequisites (such as installing the Ubuntu g++ by package manager or yum), the installer will complain.  If you don't understand the prerequisites, go ahead and ask about them specifically here.  It would be 24 hours before anyone would be likely to be available to respond to a request for on-line support.

0 Kudos
turgut_k_
Beginner

Dear Tim and Ron, I uninstalled the program, deleted the licence file using sudo, then i installed the program again. I only have one warning such that

0 Kudos
turgut_k_
Beginner

Dear Tim and Ron, I uninstalled the program, deleted the licence file using sudo, then i installed the program again. I only have one warning such that   Figure1.png  on installation . My computer is 64 bit, thus i didnt care this warning. After completing installation and adding some lib files, i tried to check the version,   ifort -v ,  i got the failure screen such as   Figure2.png .  i already installed g++ and yum.  :(( is there any other prerequisite prog or Any other solution friends? 

Kindly, 

Turgut

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The forum instructions ask you specifically not to expose license tokens, but you should see in that list whether the license Ron sent you is visible, as you should have copied it to one of the listed folders.  If you need further help, you may get it more quickly on the companion forum on registration and licensing (but don't send any license numbers except in reply to a private email from an Intel responder).

0 Kudos
turgut_k_
Beginner

Edited: files are removed as they include licence keys. 

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

you said "thank you for your reply, I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I installed fully "Full offline installer package". Is there any prerequest prog for ifortran?  "

YES

Ubuntu, off the shelf, may NOT have every package you need as prerequisite.  Check this document:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-compilers-for-linux-with-ubuntu

Particularly if you installed Ubuntu Desktop - it will NOT have the development packages needed to support IFORT or ICC

ron

0 Kudos