Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

How to compile .exe (OpenMp used) to run in another computer independently

Jiayi_W_
Beginner

Hi everyone, thank you for reading this question.

I've written a code and complied it to an .exe file. I hope to run this program in another faster computer which has no Fortran installed. My previous experience suggests it works if I include all the input files that this program will use together with this .exe file. However, presumably because I am doing the parallel computing by OpenMp now, when I do this again, it reports the file libiomp5md.dll is missing. 

Instead of convincing the owner of this faster computer to spend a few hours to install a Fortran, could you give me a hint about how to compile the program that can run independently e.g. a way to integrate libiomp5md.dll?  Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There is no way to do that in recent versions. The solution instead is to install the compiler redistributables on the target system. They do NOT have to install the compiler! If libiomp5md.dll is the only DLL you need, you could just copy that alongside your EXE.

0 Kudos
Jiayi_W_
Beginner

The answer is very clear. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos