Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

How to get just a compiler install on windows.

dajum
Novice

We are trying to figure out how to point our customers to just install the fortran compiler.  The OneAPI links and installer are very confusing now. This is on windows. We want to have them only install the Visual Studio Build Tools and the requires still say this is allowable. We download the base tool kit and it doesn't appear that we need anything in it.  But we have to select something to get it to install.  Is there an item here that we really do need? Then we get the HPC tool kit. But it won't install because it doesn't appear to find the visual studio build tools that we have already installed.  So what needs to be done to get just a fortran compiler that will work from the command prompt?

TIA

Dave

dajum_0-1607382047674.png

dajum_1-1607382047675.png

dajum_2-1607382047676.png

-- 
Reminder, email is not a secure method for transmitting sensitive data. For sensitive data, please inquire about alternative transfer methods.

Jane Baumann
Phone: 303.816.0272
Fax: 303.971.0035

Please email all support requests to support@crtech.com

Visit us today at www.crtech.com and learn about product updates, training and consulting services.

Cullimore and Ring Technologies
Boulder, CO  80305-6803  

dajum_3-1607382048006.png

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

0 Kudos
29 Replies
dajum
Novice

@Barbara_P_Intel 

I don't see anything for the classic compiler for windows.  There is one for macos.  and the beta fortran compiler has one for windows but not macos.  Seems like two options are missing? 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

ifort and ifx share the same runtime libraries.

ifx is not available on macOS.

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

Then  it would be very helpful to title the windows version as applying to both the beta and the classic version instead of just listing beta, which then makes it appear that it only applies to that version.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Good point!  I'll see what I can do.

Barbara_P_Intel

Thank you, @Steve_Lionel .  I updated that article adding a link to the oneAPI runtime libraries.

Working on the confusion information about (Beta) and Classic on the oneAPI Standalone Components page.  I don't have the privileges for that.

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

@Barbara_P_Intel @Steve_Lionel 

Thanks to both of you for the quick support.  I have been able to get our product updated so users can use the new compiler seamlessly.  Still some issues to work out to move forward, but at least now users can get a compiler and run our software again. 

Devorah_H_Intel

@Johannes_Rieke and @mecej4 

Thank you for the feedback and kind words.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

@Barbara_P_Intel 

Thanks for the information! This is indeed great news all around.

May I suggest updating some of the articles in the Fortran FAQ? (It doesn't help that the FAQ is no longer linked anywhere...) In particular, the article about free compilers. It would probably be good to expand this to include info for Mac and Linux users, and to add a link to it somewhere in this forum.