Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

How to upgrade Parallel Studio XE to oneAPI on mac?

junbm91
Beginner

Hi,

I used a student license for 'Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran macOS*'.

However, the license was expired on 10th December.

I found a new compiler for FORTRAN, intel oneAPI Toolkit.

I installed all the oneAPI (basekit and HPCkit).

After then, through the Get Started Guide, I finished Configure CPU System, Build and Run a Sample Project Using the Command Line (Intrinsics C++).

But, when I try to compile FORTRAN using makefile or enter 'ifort' at the command line, still this message is shown.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Product support for your (Comp-FM) license has expired.

License file(s) used were (in this order):

** 1. /opt/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/mac/bin/intel64/../../Licenses

** 2. /Users/junbeom/Licenses

** 3. /Users/junbeom/intel/licenses

** 4. /opt/intel/licenses

** 5. /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/m_2KBC7KVR.lic

** 6. /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses/m_87CBMRX2.lic

** 7. /opt/intel//compilers_and_libraries_2019.5.281/mac/bin/intel64/*.lic

Please refer https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/purchasing-renewing-upgrading#support-expiration for more information..

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I compile ifort,,?

What is wrong with my situation.

PATH for oneAPI or PATH for ifort license?

Any advice? Help!

Regards Junbeom Jo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You're still using the old compiler. You need to use the new command environment for the oneAPI compiler. I'm not a Mac user so I can't tell you how, but the documentation should tell you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You're still using the old compiler. You need to use the new command environment for the oneAPI compiler. I'm not a Mac user so I can't tell you how, but the documentation should tell you.

mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Note the date string 2019.5.281, which appears twice in the output from the license file search? That number is for the previous version of the compiler, which was a licensed product.

If OSX is similar to Linux/Unix, you should be able to use the which utility to find the full path of the executable that corresponds to commands such as ifort and ifx. On my Windows 10 system with Cygwin added on, I find this:

S:\LANG>which ifx
/cygdrive/c/LANG/OneAPI/compiler/latest/windows/bin/ifx

Inspecting the path should show you whether the terminal/command window you are using is configured to use the 19.1 compilers or the OneAPI compilers. Having found what has gone wrong, you could take appropriate steps to rectify the situation.

MWind2
New Contributor III

My experience was to get new serial number and retire old one for composer c++ and fortran.

With that new number in installation files directory, maybe important or not. the installation went well in default directories and Xcode path integration. I sourced ". ./opt/intel/oneapi/common.sh" which may not be necessary either as it seems to persist successful "icc -v" after restart. If you got a new serial number, I would think it should work for you  the same. I did not have any intel compilers from intel previously installed on the mac, though.

0 Kudos
MWind2
New Contributor III

For some reason I don't see how to edit previous post by me. I realize that "icc" was not the test, but "ifort" was. Sorry about that. I realize now what is missing is also running ". ./opt/intel/oneapi/setvars.sh"