Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

How to upgrade my license

WSinc
New Contributor I

I made a mistake putting in my student ID.

But then I cannot go back and put in the CORRECT one.

It does not give me a way to do that.

They say "resubmit" but that does nothing at all.

Who is knowlegeable about this stuff ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Student licenses are not renewable directly. Instead, you have to reapply for a new one.

The student license program is managed by the Intel software marketing team. As with all other licensing questions, you can open a support ticket and the support engineers will engage the appropriate folk within Intel. (I used to do this often.)

Intel has tried various ways to offer free licenses to students and non-commercial users, but in the past the setup was abused by those who should have had to pay. The current mechanism is restrictive and cumbersome, but it does work - if not always smoothly. This may be a feature, not a bug, if it cuts down on abuse.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I am afraid that (i) few of the Intel staff who manage student licenses will read posts in this forum, and (ii) few of the readers of this forum, if any, are able to help you with your license.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Just start over again with the process. I agree with mecej4 that nobody who manages the student license program follows this forum. At the time I left Intel, it was a manual process run by the marketing team. If you want to send a message to that department, I'd suggest sending an email to inteldeveloperzonesupport@intel.com and be extremely clear what you are trying to do (far more than you usually are in this forum.) They will try to forward your question to the proper person.

0 Kudos
WSinc
New Contributor I

I thought it was pretty clear what I was tying to do - namely upgrade my student license...........

anyway, thanks for the hint.

0 Kudos
gib
New Contributor II

"to use your software" - who are "your"?  The people who comment here, like me, are not Intel employees, we are users of the software who are volunteering our time to help each other.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Student licenses are not renewable directly. Instead, you have to reapply for a new one.

The student license program is managed by the Intel software marketing team. As with all other licensing questions, you can open a support ticket and the support engineers will engage the appropriate folk within Intel. (I used to do this often.)

Intel has tried various ways to offer free licenses to students and non-commercial users, but in the past the setup was abused by those who should have had to pay. The current mechanism is restrictive and cumbersome, but it does work - if not always smoothly. This may be a feature, not a bug, if it cuts down on abuse.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

If you are trying to upgrade your license from free student to full academic then this is the link you need 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/academic-pricing ;

0 Kudos