Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ICE crash with ifort (IFORT) 19.1.1.216 20200306 on MBP

Noel_B_
Novice

Hi,

I get this error message out of the compiler, but the temporary file is deleted by the compiler.  I set TMPDIR to a local directory.

/Users/kbelco/junk/ifortn6EcC4.i90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

Any idea how to get the compiler to leave the temporary files alone so I can send it to you guys?

Noel Belcourt

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Noel_B_
Novice

Ah, -save-temps.

0 Kudos
Noel_B_
Novice

Except that -save-temps doesn't work, doesn't appear to save any temporary files at all.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The temp file is rarely of interest. Intel support will want the program source, the source of any include files or modules it needs, and the exact command you used to invoke ifort.

0 Kudos
Noel_B_
Novice

Thanks Steve, I figured.  But this is a govt research code that is export controlled so in all likelihood I won't be able to send the source.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Then Intel support won't be able to help you. The temp file just contains the internal-use options converted from the command line options.

Perhaps you can try to reduce the test case into something you can submit. Would I be correct in assuming that it compiled with an earlier version?

Also try eliminating selective options from the command line to see if there's one that triggers the error. If so it may give you a way to proceed with your application for now.

0 Kudos
Noel_B_
Novice

Yes, you are correct in your assumption, code worked fine with last year's compiler.

0 Kudos