Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

IFX (Intel® Fortran Compiler 2023.1.0) Internal compiler error - sample code

ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III

Attached project cause Internal compiler error when compiled with IFX. IFORT is OK.

It is quite old code previously compiled using IFORT.

I am not able to report error in Support, so I am trying this way.

5 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I opened your project and did a build which  was by default a 64bit build. It does indeed ICE which is a bug.

I will note that the interface  for MouseHookWndProc does not match the implementation and that the implementation does not have the arguments correctly defined for a callback. If use are using IFWINTY (DFWINTY is the same but and older name) then:

integer :: nCode
integer(fwparam) :: wParam ! 32 bit
integer(flparam) :: lParam ! 32/64 bit from

If I correct that it compiles without and ICE. The interface checking should have maybe kicked and generated and error.

ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III

Interface to MouseHookWndProc was manually added by hand to sample code to obtain the smallest code which crashes compiler. It is correctly defined in another big module (module EODInterfaces) which contains interfaces to all routines.

Thank you for your comment.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Just to be clear the declarations of the args in MouseHookWndProc were incorrect, it would be ok in a 32 bit built  but not in a 64 bit build. The interface was also wrong in  in that the declarations were not correct but also in that they were different to the actual  routine.  It would make more sense to put those external subroutines into a module and save having to supply the interfaces explicitly. 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Thank you for your report. The ICE will be fixed in the next compiler release. 

0 Kudos
ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III

Update 2023.2.0 of IFX compiler is able to compile sample code wirthout error.

0 Kudos