Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

IFort aa and for Unix Services for Windows

albert
Beginner
Dear all,

We try to ue SUA / Unix Services for Windows together with ifort 11. but we get and error message:

Assertion failed: nErr == ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS, file shared/flexlm/api/flexlm.c,
line 5910

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Does anybody have a suggestion to solve this problem.

We are able to run with ifort 10.1

Best Regards,

Albert
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
We do not support running the compiler under SUA. The error message you are seeing appears to be from the license checking code. Are you using a floating license with a license server? What is the value of the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE, if any?
0 Kudos
albert
Beginner
We do not support running the compiler under SUA. The error message you are seeing appears to be from the license checking code. Are you using a floating license with a license server? What is the value of the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE, if any?

Dear Steve,

Pity that SUA is not supported.
Yes we are using a floating license with a license server.
The value is 4242@machine (Don't know the name of the machine buy head as I'm now at home).
The same setting does work with ifort 10.1

Best Regards,

Albert
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I found another report of this symptom from 2009 (with Intel C++ and Cygwin). The developer reported that the license checker was trying to create a subfolder under the folder pointed to by the TMP environment variable and failing. It was fixed in compiler version 11.1. I suggest you update to a more recent compiler version. As an alternative, you might want to make sure that the folder pointed to by TMP is writable by the compiler.
0 Kudos
albert
Beginner
Dear Steve,

Quoting Steve Lionel (Intel)
I found another report of this symptom from 2009 (with Intel C++ and Cygwin). The developer reported that the license checker was trying to create a subfolder under the folder pointed to by the TMP environment variable and failing. It was fixed in compiler version 11.1. I suggest you update to a more recent compiler version. As an alternative, you might want to make sure that the folder pointed to by TMP is writable by the compiler.

We are trying to use ifort 11.1.051

I've created in the SUA windows a new directory (with mkdir) and I'm able to put a file in there .

I've set the environment variables TMP, TEMP and TMPDIR to this new directory

Still no luck.

Strange thing for me remains that the ifort 10.1.019 does start.

Best Regards,

Albert

0 Kudos