Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

IVF 11.1?

Walter_H_
Beginner

Hello,

I have tested this release and found that exactly this release meets my requirements; the latest releases 2011, 2013, 2013SP1 I can't use due to the not existing requirements;

can you please tell me where I can buy exactly this release  "Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows 11.1", and if it possible to get a discount, because I want to use it for private only; not any business and I am not a student any more;

I have quite an old Intel compiler - Intel FORTRAN 2.4; and Microsoft FORTRAN Powerstation 4.0, that I bought the last days of my students time;

Thanks,
Walter

p.s. I am a citizen of the European Union (Austria)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

What requirements are not met by the newer version?

The way this works is that you buy the current version and then follow the instructions here to download and install an older version. Sorry, no discount is available unless you qualify for a student or academic license.

0 Kudos
Walter_H_
Beginner

Hi,

Visual Studio 2010 or higher doesn't run on my system; updating my system is not an option; by the way where can I download the Visual Studio 2008 Shell, to see if this works better as the integration into my old Visual C++ .NET 2003, especially with the 64-bit features of this Intel Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows;

Thanks,
Walter

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You must use vs shell bundled with paid versions of ifort.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You could install 11.1 to get the VS2008 shell and then install Composer XE 2013 SP1 which will use it. (Our upcoming 15.0 release won't work with VS2008.) You can't download the shell and the required Fortran support separately.

VS.NET 2003 doesn't support 64-bit at all.

0 Kudos
Walter_H_
Beginner

yes my old VS.NET 2003 has no 64-bit support; I halped with the Platform SDK to get a piece of 64-bit support by using the command-line tools;

the evaluation version of Visual Fortran from here (http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/2248/w_cprof_p_11.1.072_intel64.exe) is only available without the VS2008 shell; can I have one with this VS2008 shell?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

No, sorry - evaluation versions don't include the shell because we pay a royalty to Microsoft for each one.

0 Kudos
Walter_H_
Beginner

Hello,

What else differs the evaluation versions from the paid versions?
especially the 11.1 release, is there something similar to "MSDN for Fortran"?
I mean, a manual (maybe printed) or as CHM or PDF, which contains every function/subroutine, statements, ... I can use
with Viausl Fortran Fortran Compiler for Windows?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There is no other difference (other than the 30-day expiration of the evaluation version.) On-disk documentation is provided of all the statements, functions, etc. No printed manual available. In Visual Studio, there is also context-sensitive F1 help for Fortran keywords and functions.

0 Kudos