Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28443 Discussions

IVF Composer XE 2011 & Array Visualizer on Win7-64bit

marcioy
Beginner
Hi everyone,
First, I want to make appeal for the Intel's developers to re-include the Array Visualizer in the Intel Visual Fortran package, please.
I am an user of Visual Fortran, since Compaq Visual Fortran, programming Finite Element stuffs, and I do need debug those those matrices using the Array Visualizer.
My problem is that I got a new computer and the lastest version of Visual Fortran, namely,
-Win7-64 bits (in Japanese);
-Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 Update3 (12.0.3470.2008) (in English);
- MS Visual Studio 2008 shell (included in IVF package).
I installed the Intel Array Visualiser 32-bits and followed the Steve Lionel's recipe in
When I am debugging and right click on a matrix, the "View Array" is on, but it crashes the MS Visual Studio every single time I clicked on. Is anybody having the same problem?
I will appreciate any tip.
Regards from Japan
Marcio Yamamoto
0 Kudos
8 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Does your computer support XPM with virtual XP 32-bit? If you are running array visualizer in XPM and ifort installed normally for X64, it is hard to understand how array visualizer would kill vs shell.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Array Visualizer on 64-bit Windows does not work - it will indeed cause Visual Studio to exit.
0 Kudos
marcioy
Beginner
I have a Windows 7 Home Premium, but I will try to upgrade to Professional.
When I get the upgrade, I will give you a feedback.
Thanks a lot for a while.
Marcio
0 Kudos
marcioy
Beginner
Steve, thank you for the reply. For a while, I think I am going to the Mount Fuji to kill myself in the woods.lol
I will make a appeal again.Please, re-introduce Array Visualizer in IVF.
My best regards,
Marcio
0 Kudos
eos_pengwern
Beginner

I couldn't agree more. Please, please re-introduce Array Visualizer. As a productivity tool it is worth Parallel Inspector and VTune put together, and then some.

0 Kudos
abhimodak
New Contributor I
Hi

Array visualizer on 64bit platform has broken for more than 4 years now...Somehow, and it surprises me,there hasn't been enough voicefrom customers and/or resources with Intel for the fix to happen.

While it won't work in debug way i.e. using Debug --> View Array; it could work by making library calls. See my last post here http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=75901.

It is less complicated than it sounds. (It worked on WinXP64; I don't know about Win7.) Perhpas it will be useful.

Abhi
0 Kudos
tropfen
New Contributor I
Hello abhimodak,

there is a sticky thread on top of all threads collecting votes for the array viewer.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=82232&o=a&s=lr

please add your personal wishes/comments.

Frank
0 Kudos
abhimodak
New Contributor I
Hi Frank

Many thanks to you and Steve for creating the thread. I have added my comments.

Abhi
0 Kudos