Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Inquiry of Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition license

Wai_Kiat_T_
Beginner

Hi,

I would like to purchase a license of Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows, but I have an inquiry about the license file/key.

I do my academic research at home (Desktop A) and in my university lab (Desktop B) a lot. So is it possible to install the software using the same license file or key in both Desktops A and B, but while I am using the software in Desktop A, the software is not allowed to use in Desktop B, similar to license dongles.

Thank you.

Wai Kiat

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Yes, you may. Refer to the FAQ, question: I have a named-user license (single-user license). Can I install the product on different machines?

Also see our End User License Agreement for additional details, specifically the Named-user license.

0 Kudos
Wai_Kiat_T_
Beginner

Dear Kevin,

Thank you so much for the information. As stated in the End User License Agreement, we can install the compiler in 3 different computers and we can only use one at a time, right? However, is named-user academic considered as one of the named-user license?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Correct, up to 3 different systems. It is just referred to as "Named User", and yes, this includes the Named User purchased under the Academic offering.

0 Kudos
Wai_Kiat_T_
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for the clarification. Have a nice day.

Warm regards. Wai Kiat.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

You're welcome. Best wishes going forward.

0 Kudos