Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26758 Discussions

Install Intel fortran compiler for Linux

PF59
Novice

Hi,  I was provided with the website and downloaded the following package:: Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux*.  I then installed using the "install.sh" and the installation went smoothly since I chose all the defaults.  BTW, there is another installation file, "install_GUI.sh".  I did not run the _GUI file.

I tried to compile and run a test fortran file, which  I was able to run on another machine with ubuntu/Intel fortran compiler, but it fails.  The new laptop does not recognize what "ifort" command is.

Have I achieved my goal: install the fortran compiler in my ubuntu machine?  Or  what have I installed?  Where can I see the installed files? Is there anything I still need to do?

Thanks.

PF59

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Black Belt

You open a command shell, and "source" the Intel shell script as described at:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/setting-up-the-build-environment-for-u...

PF59
Novice

I followed the instructions.  Did the following:

source compilervars.sh intel64 

source /opt/intel/parallel_studio_xe_2018/bin/psxevars.csh intel64

Then I generated a local fortran test file, "hello.f90"

print *," Hello"

end

ifort -o hello hello.f90

The following error messages showed up:

ld: cannot find -lm
ld: cannot find -lpthread
ld: cannot find -lc

Anything I missed in configuring the installation?

jimdempseyatthecove
Black Belt