Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Install on Windows 8?

Berger__Andrew
Beginner

To community,

I currently have Visual Studio 2017 (2) installed on my computer andI am trying to install Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 6 Cluster Edition. From this package, I am only trying to Install Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 17.0 Update for Windows* Target. When I begin the download, I get the following error messages:

Failed to download file: studio_common_p_17.0.6.062_1041.mst file 

Error message: File Not Found

I would like to know if this is because I have Windows 8 and need a newer operating system to download or if I should try something else like redownloading Visual Studio - perhaps a newer version.

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I doubt that Windows 8 is the issue here. I sometimes saw in the past that if I deselected too many of the options that the install would fail. I don't see why it is trying to install VS components, as you must already have a compatible VS installed. 

What I would suggest is to download the full installer, even though it will be large. Is your license for the Cluster Edition? Another idea is to use the installer you have but just leave the defaults (which should mostly match your current install.)

0 Kudos
Berger__Andrew
Beginner

Steve,

Thank you for your reply! I did deselect all of the options except Intel Visual Fortran Compiler so that could have caused an issue. I was told from Intel Developer Product Support that Visual Studio 2017 is supported with up to Parallel Studio XE 2017 Update 5 but for update 6 and above I had to install Visual Studio 2018 or another compatible version - I was trying update 6 so it was unsupported.

I downloaded Visual Studio 2019 community edition (compatible with Windows 8.1). After the installation finished, I went through and successfully installed Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows* 2019 (initial release). 

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Good to hear.

0 Kudos