Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Installation problems of parallel studio xe 2018 update1

zhang__xiaoyu
Beginner

When I install the parallel studio xe 2018, it warns me that "some processes block installation. Exit blocking software and click Re-check below to validate status or click Next to close blocking processes automatically. " And below is almost all my processes running in my system including system processes. And if I continue installing, it begin "prepare environment" and the screen turns black, and my computer restart automatically.

Is there anyone have the same problem or who knows how to solve it? My software is the student version so I have to ask for help here.

QQ截图20180117193902.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I’ve never seen that display before. That your system reboots suggests there is a real problem with your Windows install. Do you get the same problem if you try to install after a reboot?

0 Kudos
zhang__xiaoyu
Beginner

I solved the problem by installing the parallel studio xe 2018 initial release, but still wonder why the problem appears on the update1 version.

0 Kudos
zhang__xiaoyu
Beginner

Steve Lionel (Ret.) wrote:

I’ve never seen that display before. That your system reboots suggests there is a real problem with your Windows install. Do you get the same problem if you try to install after a reboot?

Every time I try to install, the system reboots. And I gave up to try another version.

0 Kudos