Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Installing IPS XE 2017 Update 1 Composer Edition on MacOS 10.11.6

Mark_O_
Beginner

Hello, 

I am wanting to do some Fortran using ISP XE Update 1 Composer Edition on MacOS 10.11.6. I downloaded the software but I am unable to sign in. It requires me to give a password for either an administrator or root but its still gives me an error when I input my administrator password.

How should I proceed ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

OS X 10.11.6 should be within our support OS range for PSXE 2017 update 1.

What is the error that you received?

If you can share installation logs from your system with us then we can analyze those to help understand the failure and the appropriate course of action.

Please look in either /tmp or the setting for the environment variable TMPDIR for installation logs that contain the strings "pset" and "issa".

For any you find for the PSXE 2017 Update 1 installation, please gather them up in a gzipped tar file and attach them to a private reply (Send Author A Message) to me.

0 Kudos
Mark_O_
Beginner

Hello, 

I downloaded the file and opened the zip file. The setup file opened and asked me to 'select elevation mode'. I am to choose between 'install as administrator' or 'install as root'. No matter which option I select and enter my password, it still gave me an error.

I tried a total of eight times for each user until finally it recognized my password.

I have no idea what the error was, I have read of people having similar problems but I guess I am the first who just retried it until it worked.

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate it. Everything is working fine now. 

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Glad to hear you overcame the issue. Our apologies for the troubles. I don't know what the cause might have been.

You are correct that in a past release there was an installation defect preventing advancing past the authorization phase regardless of accounts having appropriate administrator permissions. We have not received any similar reports of that with the PSXE 2017, either the initial release or Update 1.

When you say it "gave me an error" did the error indicate the password was incorrect, or was there no error at all and it just repeatedly prompted for the password?

Again, glad you are past this and moving forward.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

In following up on your experience I learned there is a known defect with the PSXE 2017 release that is different than the previous release where one might experience (as you did) repeated authorization failures during the beginning of the installation. Our Developers had reproduced this earlier and found the number of failures is sporadic. They committed to fixing this a future PSXE 2017 update release. It won’t be in the update coming later this month, but a future one. Thank you your post. It may prove useful to others.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200417874)

0 Kudos