Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Installing Visual Fortran Shell 2013 from Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran with Rogue Wave IMSL 7.0 for Wi

Aravind_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I recently purchased an Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran with Rogue Wave IMSL 7.0 for Windows compiler. When I initially installed the compiler. I installed a trail version of Visual Studio 2012 Professional in order to run the Fortran program I needed from the compiler. After the Compiler was installed it chose the trial version of 2012 as the program through which it can be opened. I recently found out however, that the compiler itself comes with a free version of Visual Studio Shell 2013. Since my VS Professional 2012 only has so little time left in its trial period I was wondering how I would go about installing the free version of VS Shell 2013 that comes with my compiler order and switch the settings so that the Fortran runs on VS 2013 instead of 2012. Would I need to uninstall VS 2012 in order to install 2013 properly or something? Any and all help would be most appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I think the way you do this is to run the Parallel Studio XE installer again, select Change or Modify, and when it gets to the list of components it will install, select Customize and change the option for VS2013 Shell to "Will be installed". You can have multiple VS versions integrated so there is no need to "switch".

If this doesn't work, uninstall VS2012 Trial and then rerun the Parallel Studio XE installer.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos