Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Installing on Ubuntu 6.10

andrew_s
Beginner
Hi,

I'm trying to install fortran 9.1.039 on the latest ubuntu release 6.10. When I run install.sh, and then proceed to enter my licence number as requested after selecting install. I then get:

Setup may attempt to connect to the Intel Registration Center to
validate your Serial Number.
This may take several minutes depending on your network. Please wait...
You may press Ctrl+C to cancel.
trap: 4021: SIGINT: bad trap

After displaying this error, it proceeds to ask me for my email address. After I enter and confirm it, it displays:

Setup will now connect to the Intel Registration Center to
verify whether your email is already registered.
This may take several minutes depending on your network. Please wait...
You may press Ctrl+C to cancel.

However, it does nothing after this... no matter how long I wait. Does anyone know how I can install this on ubuntu 6.10?

Thanks, Andrew
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Well, Ubuntu is not a supported distribution and, like most Linux distros, it makes incompatible changes with each new version. Try this. Log in to the Intel Registration Center and register your serial number. It will email you a license key. Save it to a file. Then when you install, choose the option to supply the full path to the license key rather than the serial number.

I'd also ask that you file a report of this with Intel Premier Support so that they can be aware of it. Formal support of Ubuntu is still under discussion.
0 Kudos
jft27
Beginner
Hi,
you might be interested in the following thread on the ubuntu forums,
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=285757&highlight=intel

I have it up and running although there are still outstanding issues with the debugger.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
andrew_s
Beginner
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I still get the same error when I provide the path for the license key.

I followed the steps on ubuntuforums that Jeremy mentioned, and that seems to get things working. Obviously it would be much better if we didn't have to edit the scripts, but the main thing is that it seems to work.

I will file a report of this with Intel Premier Support. And it would be really great to have formal support for Ubuntu, so I hope that happens.

Andrew
0 Kudos