Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Integration into Microsoft visual studio failed

Sri_Ramya_K_
Beginner

I am trying to use Intel Fortran compiler 11.1 for compiling projects of PSCAD. When I installed the compiler, I got an error saying integration in to Microsoft visual studio failed - problem in integrate.bat . This repeats even if I uninstall it, remove all related software and reinstall it again.  If I try to run any files in PSCAD with this compiler, I get lot of link errors saying unidentified externals. However, PSCAD recognizes the presence of Intel Fortran compiler. How can I fix this issue? Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You have two very different problems - integration into the Visual Studio IDE has nothing to do with linking issues from a command prompt.

For the Visual Studio issue, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integration-issues-with-visual-studio/ It could be that your Visual Studio version is unsupported by the very old 11.1 compiler.

For linking problems, it would help to see a list of some of the error messages. I recommend that you use the compiler command prompt shortcut installed in the Start menu to create the correct environment and then run your PSCAD builds from there. Since I don't know PSCAD there's a limit to how much help I can provide there.

0 Kudos