Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio 2017 Update 4 and Visual studio 2017 v 15.3.2

John_C_
Beginner
Hi, I installed Intel Parallel Studio 2017 Update 4 and Visual studio 2017 v 15.3.2 ,but Visual studio could not understand visual fortran compiler. so what should I do.I repaired both of them but the problem still available. There is no Visual Fortran Compiler items in File >Project>New and also not in Tools>Extensions and Updates . I also read this link : https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-tools-integration-to-vs2017-issue Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Sorry I misread the vs version from original post
0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Before even downloading the VS and PS packages, check the Release Notes of Parallel Studio to make sure that the versions of the two packages are compatible.

You should first install VS (with C++ support enabled) and afterwards install Parallel Studio. If you do not follow that order, there will be no integration of Intel Fortran tools in the Visual Studio IDE. You can repair or reinstall in the proper order; for details, search for and read one of Steve Lionel's posts on this topic.

0 Kudos