Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 evaluator dll

DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Similar to the problems reported for the similarly named topic for XE 2016, I am getting the error message for the evaluator dll.

I am running on Win 7 with XE 2017 using the shell version of VS.

I have done a repair on the install, but this has not resolved the issue.

I have observed that the ForDbg* files are not found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\Packages\Debugger

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

I can reproduce the error by installing the compiler on a clean win 7 system and ignoring the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable* (x86) is not installed" warning message during the installation process. But I can found the ForDbg* files in the "...\Debugger" folder.

Downloading and installing the missing package from Microsoft  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679. (Note: the x64 version will not resolve the issue.) resolved the error. 

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Thanks.  I also was eventually able to resolve this by installing the extra package.   [I wasn't able to originally because I do not have admin rights on my machine].

David

0 Kudos