Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26734 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 evaluator dll

DavidWhite
Black Belt

Similar to the problems reported for the similarly named topic for XE 2016, I am getting the error message for the evaluator dll.

I am running on Win 7 with XE 2017 using the shell version of VS.

I have done a repair on the install, but this has not resolved the issue.

I have observed that the ForDbg* files are not found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\Packages\Debugger

Thank you,

David

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

I can reproduce the error by installing the compiler on a clean win 7 system and ignoring the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable* (x86) is not installed" warning message during the installation process. But I can found the ForDbg* files in the "...\Debugger" folder.

Downloading and installing the missing package from Microsoft  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679. (Note: the x64 version will not resolve the issue.) resolved the error. 

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

DavidWhite
Black Belt

Thanks.  I also was eventually able to resolve this by installing the extra package.   [I wasn't able to originally because I do not have admin rights on my machine].

David