The Intel® Fortran Compiler supports all features from the Fortran 2008 standard. Additional features from the proposed draft Fortran 2018 standard added in the Intel® Fortran 19.0 release are noted below:
- Coarray events
- Intrinsic function coshape
- Default accessibility for entities accessed from a module
- Import Enhancements
- All standard procedures in ISO_C_BINDING other than C_F_POINTER are now PURE
Features from OpenMP*:
- User-Defined Reductions from the OpenMP* 4.5 specifications are now supported:
!$omp declare reduction(reduction-identifier: type-list : combiner) [initializer-clause]
- The F2008 standard added the BLOCK/ENDBLOCK construct. It is now allowed to use this construct inside an OMP region.
- ASSERT clause for !$OMP SIMD directive
Directs the compiler to assert when the vectorization fails. Similar to deprecated !DIR$ SIMD ASSERT.
Visual Studio 2013, 2015 and 2017 are supported. Visual Studio 2015 Shell is included for Commercial and Academic license types if you don't have a supported Visual Studio installed.
Please see the release notes for more details.