Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler 11

dzo_ma
Beginner

Hi!

I'm postdoc and I'm working with ADINA 9.1 software which for User Coded parts require specific Fortran Compiler. 
I don't have any license yet and I 'm looking for a new product to purchase that includes Intel Visual Fortran 11 Compiler. 

Is there a possibility to purchase a permanent license for older versions of Fortran that include mentioned compiler? What is the procedure?

Thx in advance! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Intel Visual Fortran 14 Compiler is still too old to get a download. You need to look at the process by which the user subroutine is used. It is usually just a question of some small changes to scripts so it can find a latest compiler.  This is the same with all FEA systems they do some tests on a particular version and then keep quoting that version for years in the literature, you will find many examples of this forum. I have not heard of ADINA before today so I doubt that you will get any specific help here, an ADINA forum would be the best place. You will get general help here to make it work if you ask the right questions and post relevant and specific data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

Intel Visual Fortran 11 is a very old version of the compiler. If ADINA uses DLLs to load user-defined parts, then it may very well be possible to use Intel Fortran oneAPI to build the DLLs. Of course you will need to supply the right runtime libraries and that can be a problem (conflicting versions of DLLs in the same path), but it seems to me worth attempting.

0 Kudos
dzo_ma
Beginner

The latest available version of ADINA is 9.7, released in September 2021. There is a possibility to get that one or eventually 9.6, and they both require an Intel Visual Fortran 14 Compiler. It is also one of the options, if that Compiler  is still available.

It's a bit strange that the latest versions of some software require outdated versions of the Compiler, but that's life.   

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Intel Visual Fortran 14 Compiler is still too old to get a download. You need to look at the process by which the user subroutine is used. It is usually just a question of some small changes to scripts so it can find a latest compiler.  This is the same with all FEA systems they do some tests on a particular version and then keep quoting that version for years in the literature, you will find many examples of this forum. I have not heard of ADINA before today so I doubt that you will get any specific help here, an ADINA forum would be the best place. You will get general help here to make it work if you ask the right questions and post relevant and specific data.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The ADINA notes say " You need the Intel Visual Fortran 14.0 compiler to customize the user subroutines.
The Makefiles to make the dynamic link libraries (dll) and the Fortran source
codes are installed in the usrdll sub-folder. To build and use a new dll, please
refer to the README.txt file in the usrdll sub-folder. "

Post the make files and someone here can possibly help - or follow the earlier instructions.  Fortran and dll files do not change fast enough, so that the new ONEApi is likely to work with a bit of effort.  You are not the first person to have this issue with FEM packages and you will not be the last.

Good hunting. 

0 Kudos
dzo_ma
Beginner

Thx to your replies. 

I got the response from ADINA support. They wrote me  that I should be able to build user subroutine using a later Intel Fortran
Compiler. 

0 Kudos