Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Intel Visual Fortran Compiler: error #6634

Ranvijay
Beginner

I am a beginner in Fortran programming and I am working on a code not written by me.

I am using Intel visual FORTRAN compiler 2019 and when I run the code this error occurs.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Error #6634Error #6634#6634: The shape matching rules of actual arguments and dummy arguments have been violated. [K] C:\Users\ranvi\source\repos\Multi\Multi\Multi.f90 2788

How could I fix the error?

Fortran file is attached too

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robert_van_Amerongen
New Contributor III

In addition to what mecej4 wrote, the error is caused by an argument mismatch: the dummy argument (line 8207) is a real(8) scalar and the actual argument (line 2788) is an array (a row of a two-dimensional array). 

Robert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The source file contains numerous instances of dubious programming practices (comparing integer and logical variables, using an integer expression as the condition clause of an IF statement, undeclared array variable -- E1--, etc.). You should probably consult the author(s) of the code to resolve these problems, since these problems should not be fixed without understanding the purpose and workings of the code.

0 Kudos
Robert_van_Amerongen
New Contributor III

In addition to what mecej4 wrote, the error is caused by an argument mismatch: the dummy argument (line 8207) is a real(8) scalar and the actual argument (line 2788) is an array (a row of a two-dimensional array). 

Robert

0 Kudos