Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel Visual Fortran with IMSL libraries.

Sina_K_
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm seeking for a version of Intel Visual Fortran which has IMSL libraries. Someone told me that Intel released a version of  Intel Fortran which has these useful libraries by itself, something like Intel® Parallel Studio XE but i cannot find it. Can anyone help me?.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Intel sells IMSL two ways.

"Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows with Rogue Wave IMSL 7"

This is the same as Composer Edition for Fortran Windows (Fortran compiler, Visual Studio support, MKL) plus IMSL (IMSL is a separate download).

For customers who buy a larger Parallel Studio XE package for Windows that includes Fortran, we offer IMSL as an "add-on" product that requires you have licensed and installed Parallel Studio XE (2015 or later) that includes Fortran. So if you decided you wanted the Professional Edition of Parallel Studio XE but also wanted IMSL, you'd buy the IMSL add-on along with the Professional Edition.

Otherwise, as mecej4 says, you can buy an Intel Fortran-compatible IMSL directly from Rogue Wave. This isn't exactly the same as our version in that the Intel version doesn't do run-time license checks but the Rogue Wave version does and requires buying run-time licenses.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

All versions of Intel Fortran or C come with the MKL library; see https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mkl . If you qualify, you may obtain a stand-alone distribution of MKL.

IMSL may be purchased at extra cost from Intel or Roguewave. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/rogue-wave-imsl-fortran-library and http://www.roguewave.com/help-support/documentation/imsl-numerical-libraries#fortran .

One approach that you may use is to read through the MKL documentation (or ask here) to find if the capability that you need is available in MKL. If not, you may make a list of those needs that are only available in IMSL and use that list to judge whether purchasing an IMSL license is justifiable.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Intel sells IMSL two ways.

"Intel Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows with Rogue Wave IMSL 7"

This is the same as Composer Edition for Fortran Windows (Fortran compiler, Visual Studio support, MKL) plus IMSL (IMSL is a separate download).

For customers who buy a larger Parallel Studio XE package for Windows that includes Fortran, we offer IMSL as an "add-on" product that requires you have licensed and installed Parallel Studio XE (2015 or later) that includes Fortran. So if you decided you wanted the Professional Edition of Parallel Studio XE but also wanted IMSL, you'd buy the IMSL add-on along with the Professional Edition.

Otherwise, as mecej4 says, you can buy an Intel Fortran-compatible IMSL directly from Rogue Wave. This isn't exactly the same as our version in that the Intel version doesn't do run-time license checks but the Rogue Wave version does and requires buying run-time licenses.

0 Kudos
pmh83
Beginner

Hi 

I have intel 2013 on my computer with windows 7.  (32 bit)

How can I use IMSL . Please give me a complete instruction I am new in this field. thanks

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Do you have a 32-bit version of IMSL that is known to work with the 2013 Fortran compiler?

No current Intel Fortran compiler will work for doing development on 32-bit Windows 7, with or without IMSL.

Intel stopped selling IMSL many years ago.

0 Kudos
Sina_K_
Beginner

Thank you. Actually i cannot find MKL Libraries in my Intel composer XE 2013  program? From where i can access it? Could you please help me find it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you have MKL installed (by default it is installed as part of Fortran Composer), read the  file <installation_directory>\Documentation\en_US\mkl\get_started.html .

0 Kudos
Sina_K_
Beginner

Well i got IMSL® Fortran Numerical Library Year : 2006 Version : 6.0 , but i don't know how to install and configure it with my Intel Composer XE 2013. Actually i install the IMSL file cause i find it  when i go to Control Panel\ Programs\ uninstall a program. Could you please help me?.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

That is probably not something that came from us and is very old. It may not be compatible with the Intel Fortran version you are using.

Look in the IMSL install directory to see if there are "readme" and other text files that give instructions on use and integration. But it still may not work.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

For information on IMSL, please visit IMSL Numerical Libraries | Battle-Tested Functions and Algorithms  Interesting - I see that Rogue Wave either sold off or spun off IMSL to a company called Perforce.

0 Kudos