Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel and Website questions

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I cannot understand why Intel does not just hire Steve to look after this webpage, it would be cheaper and easier than having a couple of intel people do it.  - This is a rhetorical question I know the answer but... 

Why is Steve's the only posts that has side bars turned on even for two lines?

Why are Steve's posts etc ... 

Interesting thought is or are?

1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't know what you mean by "side bars".

I don't like the software Intel is using for this forum, but I have learned to deal with it. My suggestions for improvements were ignored all the time I worked for Intel (and the forum went through four or five changes of underlying software.) I will say that I have been bringing up issues to the appropriate Intel people and they seem to be responsive. My guess, though, is that the team tasked with supporting the forum software is understaffed, has conflicting priorities, or both.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Thanks, but no thanks.

I don't know what you mean by "side bars".

I don't like the software Intel is using for this forum, but I have learned to deal with it. My suggestions for improvements were ignored all the time I worked for Intel (and the forum went through four or five changes of underlying software.) I will say that I have been bringing up issues to the appropriate Intel people and they seem to be responsive. My guess, though, is that the team tasked with supporting the forum software is understaffed, has conflicting priorities, or both.

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I meant scroll bars, some of your messages even 2 lines messages have scroll bars and you need to use them to see the second line. 

Just yours.

Understaffed is the way of the world. 

There is a rule somewhere that 20% of the people do 80% of the work except for teachers and programmers.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I have seen those scroll bars and have no idea why they sometimes show up. They don't for all my posts.

0 Kudos