Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Intel r visual fortran run-time error when running thermo-calc software

nkosinathi_m_
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm running Windows 8.1 on my laptop and have installed Thermo-calc software, the installation ran fine and the software is able to connect to the licence server but when im trying to do calculations it returns an error message " Intel(r) Visual Fortran run-time error"

Your help will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

I have no idea what software you are using, but could you show the actual runtime error you are experiencing? Runtime error can range from not being able to find the runtime libraries to division by zero or reading a wrong item in a file and anything between or outside this range.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Unless you have the Fortran source code of Thermo-Calc, which I doubt, and you are allowed to share that source code, which I doubt even more, I am afraid that you must take up the problem with the proprietor of Thermo-Calc.

0 Kudos
nkosinathi_m_
Beginner

Please find attached screen shot

0 Kudos
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

Right, the runtime error is reading from unit 5, which is connected to CONN$. Logical unit 5 is normally connected to "standard input" - that is, the keyboard - unless you open it specifically for some file on disk. But the given name indicates that it is indeed the keyboard.

As such the problem has nothing to do with the Intel Fortran compiler but everything with the way the software you are using works. Your best option is to contact the people responsible for this software. As we have no clue as to what the software is and what it is doing, there is little beyond this simple diagnostics that we can do.

0 Kudos