Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discusiones

Internal compiler error when using matmul

haas__anthony
Principiante
418 Vistas

Hello,

Our code uses large arrays and the matmul intrinsic. Recently, when compiling with -check all, I got an internal compiler error. I have stripped down the problem to a simple program (see attached). I am not sure if the problem is due to a very "bad use" of matmul but I thought I would look for advice on the problem. When compiling the attached program, with

ifort MatMulTest.F90 -traceback -check all,noarg_temp_created -o MatMulTest.x

I get the following error:

/tmp/ifortLOaq88.i90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

compilation aborted for MatMulTest.F90 (code 1)

Thanks,

Anthony

0 kudos
5 Respuestas
Juergen_R_R
Colaborador Valioso I
418 Vistas

I cannot reproduce this, it all works with v11, v13, v15, v16, v17, v18, v19.0 and v19.1 of the Intel Compiler with the options shown by you. Which version do you have?

haas__anthony
Principiante
418 Vistas

Hello,

anthony@lina:~/Desktop$ source ~/Desktop/Intel-compiler-source.dat 

anthony@lina:~/Desktop$ more MatMulTest.F90

! ifort MatMulTest.F90 -traceback -check all,noarg_temp_created -o MatMulTest.x

Program testMatmul

real*8 :: array(2,2,2,2,2,2,2)

real*8 :: vec(2,2,2,2,2), sol(2,2,2,2,2)

vec(1,:,:,:,:) = 1.0

vec(2,:,:,:,:) = 2.0

array = 1.0

sol(1:2,1,1,1,1) = matmul( array(1,1,1,1,1:2,1:2,1), vec(1:2,2,2,2,2) )

end program testMatmul

anthony@lina:~/Desktop$ ifort MatMulTest.F90 -traceback -check all,noarg_temp_created -o MatMulTest.x

/tmp/ifortUBw9TP.i90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: segmentation violation signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

compilation aborted for MatMulTest.F90 (code 1)

anthony@lina:~/Desktop$ 

anthony@lina:~/Desktop$ which ifort

/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.1.144/linux/bin/intel64/ifort

anthony@lina:~/Desktop$ 

Thanks,

Anthony

Juergen_R_R
Colaborador Valioso I
418 Vistas

I think I did not have the traceback option.  An ICE is always a compiler error, so please report it to the Online Support Center.

haas__anthony
Principiante
418 Vistas

Hey Juergen,

Thanks for your email. Could you please give me a link to the Online Support Center, not sure who I need to contact.

Thanks,

Anthony

Juergen_R_R
Colaborador Valioso I
418 Vistas
Responder