Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28386 Discussions

Issue with oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 for Windows

Barbara_P_Intel

Known Issues and Limitations

• “ifort” and “icl” are not available in the command window environment while using Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 on top of Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.1 or Intel® oneAPI IoT Toolkit 2022.1. The workaround is the following:

1. Create config.txt file with the following content

compiler=2022.0.0

2. Call setvars.bat with an additional option

setvars.bat --config <path to config.txt>

Fixes will be available soon in Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.1.2 and Intel® oneAPI IoT Toolkit 2022.1.2.

I'll post the news when those are available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Barbara_P_Intel

Today Intel made available the fix I promised in the initial posting!    

From the oneAPI HPC Toolkit Release Notes:

New in 2022.1.2 Product Release for Windows* only

• For customers who installed Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 and applied the workaround described in Known Issues and Limitations section of Release Notes for that release:
    • Install Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.1.2 and remove previously applied workaround.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

If I remove the 2022.1.1 basekit and hpc, can I then not follow this step? 

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Uninstalling the Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 and installing Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1 helps fix this problem. Please choose the “Customize” option when installing and unselect the Intel Distribution of Python. 

And as Ron posted the command window is affected by this issue, not Visual Studio.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Ok, so after reading the stuff, and thinking on the problem, I am reminded of what my daughter said this morning, "Ba ba", she speaks Chinese, "It is best if you do nothing."

She is a sensible girl.  I will follow her advice. 

Just out of interest, is this announcement the same as the Christmas announcement of version .1, where you wait 14 days to announce the release, per Intel standards.  

0 Kudos
Diego_Quexada
Beginner

Hello Barbara, thanks for pointing that out, I am having trouble running some fortran subroutines , if I were to install again intel oneAPI HPC toolkit version 2022.1 . where can i find it?

I would appreciate greatly any help.

0 Kudos
Diego_Quexada
Beginner

Thank you PSK1, but i meant oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.1, since the issue is with that version I think. I already installed the version that is in your link of the  HPC Toolkit.

Sorry for the mixup.

0 Kudos
Diego_Quexada
Beginner

Thank you! I'll give it a try.

0 Kudos
Diego_Quexada
Beginner

By the way,  I tried setting the config.txt file and added a line in the setvars.bat file as follows:

<install-dir>\setvars.bat --config "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\config.txt"

Yet, this doesn't work for me, as you can see, I am not used to work with .bat files, any idea what could I do?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Today Intel made available the fix I promised in the initial posting!    

From the oneAPI HPC Toolkit Release Notes:

New in 2022.1.2 Product Release for Windows* only

• For customers who installed Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 and applied the workaround described in Known Issues and Limitations section of Release Notes for that release:
    • Install Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.1.2 and remove previously applied workaround.

0 Kudos