Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

LIBUCRTD.LIB

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

I finally started running some Fortran programs on my new computer.  I have tried VS 2015, 2017 and 2017 preview.  I keep getting an error that it cannot find the libucrtd.lib.  I look for the lib and find many copies of it in Windows 10, but none are on the path created by Intel Fortran 2018 Update 1. 

It is solvable using a direct link on the project properties, but clearly I am missing something.

I ran the ps*.bat files - but this does not fix the problem.

Any ideas

John

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I hope you mean "building" the programs rather than "running" them.

LIBUCRTD.lib is part of the Windows SDK.  On my system, the Libraries paths for X86 include:

$(UniversalCRTSdkDir)Lib\$(UCRTVersion)\ucrt\x86

and there is a corresponding x64 directory.

Try going into Tools > Options > Intel Compilers and Tools > Visual Fortran > Compilers. On the Win32 tab, click Reset. Go to the x64 tab and click Reset there, then OK.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Capture.PNG

Steve:

Thanks for the help. The UCRTVersion is set to a value of wdf, but the actual values reflect the build of the windows as you see below. The 16299 is the last stable release of windows.   So putting the three things together and trying a reset it still does not work.

If I link directly to the ucrtd.lib it works.

John

Capture1.PNG

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Steve:

I tried VS 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2017 preview.  I also reinstalled Intel Fortran many times. They all give same error.

The wdf directory contains no ucrt libraries at all .

This is the first time I have built Fortran programs since I got my new computer in November. I am using the Windows Preview 17101, VS 2017 and VS 2015 and the latest 2018 Intel - update 1.

John

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I have seen sometimes that the install of the SDK, which is done as part of Visual Studio, doesn't always set the registry values correctly. You might try a reboot to see if that helps. But adding the path is sometimes the only choice.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Steve:

Thanks -- it has been fun getting back into Fortran after months in the C# desert.

Just out of interest which Windows version are you using?

Regards

John

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I use Windows 10 Pro.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Steve:

I found the batchfile that sets at least some of the variables to find the ucrt.lib, your batch file executes properly and when I echo the results it shows the correct path - without wdf.  But the options page does not change.

Just out of interest where does the wdf come from in the VS 2015 Intel Fortran Options page?

John

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Got me - I have never seen that entry before. Here's what mine looks like:

Screenshot_1.jpg

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

In case it's not evident from the above, the introduction of VS2017 involved several changes of Microsoft SDK and its paths.  Ifort initial installation (if a current enough version) can adjust to the current stable VS versions (I suppose it keeps separate compilervars.bat files for each major VS version).  There is trouble if an early unstable version of VS is installed (regardless of whether updated afterwards).  I see no reason to try a preview version, given that VS2015 and 2017 are available basically for free (although commercial users aren't permitted to use "community"). I don't think ifort knows how to work with previews.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

duplicate removed

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Tim P. wrote:

I see no reason to try a preview version, given that VS2015 and 2017 are available basically for free (although commercial users aren't permitted to use "community"). I don't think ifort knows how to work with previews.

It's generally true that the Intel product doesn't support "preview" versions of VS. It is not entirely true that commercial users aren't permitted to use "community", though - see https://www.visualstudio.com/license-terms/mlt553321/

0 Kudos