cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

LNK1104: no file specification

As I browse the LINK errors, most posters with LNK errors have the problem:

LINK: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open "xxx.lib". So the file can be addressed.

In my case, the error message is always:

LINK: fatal error LNK1104:                         so I have no idea which file is missing.

Any setting I need to change to fix this difference?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Can you give more information

Can you give more information about the problem that you are seeing?   For example, can you post the line you're using to link, or a build log?

thanks -

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Dear Lorri,

Dear Lorri,

I was using the VS (not command line) to build the project. The build log shows:

Linking...
Link /OUT:"Debug\MoorDynF.exe" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"E:\NWTC\MoorDynF\Debug\MoorDynF.exe.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"E:\NWTC\MoorDynF\Debug\MoorDynF.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"E:\NWTC\MoorDynF\Debug\MoorDynF.lib" lapack_win32.lib "Debug\slasrt2.obj" "Debug\fftpack4.1.obj" "Debug\dlasrt2.obj" "Debug\SingPrec.obj" "Debug\NWTC_Base.obj" "Debug\SysIVF.obj" "Debug\NWTC_LAPACK.obj" "Debug\NWTC_ScaLAPACK.obj" "Debug\NWTC_Library_Types.obj" "Debug\NWTC_IO.obj" "Debug\NWTC_Num.obj" "Debug\ModMesh_Types.obj" "Debug\ModMesh.obj" "Debug\ModMesh_Mapping.obj" "Debug\NWTC_Library.obj" "Debug\NWTC_FFTPACK.obj" "Debug\MoorDyn_Types.obj" "Debug\MoorDyn_IO.obj" "Debug\MoorDyn.obj" "Debug\MoorDyn_Driver.obj"
Link: executing 'link'
LINK : fatal error LNK1104:

MoorDynF - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I fixed it. I was using the Chinese version (MS official) of VS2012. I installed the English version and the message came back normal (so I can see which file exactly is the linker complaining about). Seem that the Chinese version VS is not well integrated with Fortran/or other linker.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos