Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

License does not work for home & office Macs booted from same external drive

Eric_Sobel
Beginner

I have an external drive that I carry with me and boot from, on my Macs at home and at work. I installed my license for Intel Fortran 2016 update 1 at home. Now at work (on a different Mac but same boot drive) it gives the error: "Error: A license for Comp-FM is not available (-9,57)." I have tried to use the installer to "repair" the installation at work, but that does not help; it doesn't even ask for my serial number. I realize the license now has a unique identifier for the machine, but is there anyway to have two license files, one for each machine, installed on the same drive? (I suppose deleting the entire installation on the external drive while at work and then installing from scratch would make it run at work but not at home!) Thanks for any help you can supply.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Just give one of the license files a different name. Make sure they are both in the same Licenses folder.

0 Kudos
Eric_Sobel
Beginner

Thank you for your fast response. (And sorry it has taken me a while to answer.) Your solution did work well for me. Thanks again,

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Glad to hear it. Please let us know if we may be of assistance in the future.

0 Kudos