Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Line to long

Wagner__Urs
Novice
Hello

I am a  fortran newbie.

I think this does not work

SUBROUTINE MARKER (IMARKER,X,Y,HEIGHT)
      !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT,STDCALL,REFERENCE,
     & ALIAS:'MARKER' :: MARKER

beacue I get the error message when I call MARKER

Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error		error #7519: Required explicit interface for a procedure with C or STDCALL attribute is missing from original source.   [MARKER]		C:\Users\c565698\Documents\Git\kplf\PUgraph\PUGRAPH.FOR	888	

How it is correct?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You have declared MARKER to be called using the STDCALL convention, which is not the default convention. Any source code containing calls to MARKER should also be compiled with the STDCALL convention, if feasible; at the least, you have to add a DIR$ directive in the caller or provide an interface to MARKER in some way. Otherwise, the calling conventions are mismatched. In that case, if you enabled runtime argument checking, you will receive error message such as the one you reported. If you did not ask the compiler to do checking, mysterious run time crashes may occur.

0 Kudos
Wagner__Urs
Novice

I think i did a mess.

I use now

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT,STDCALL,REFERENCE :: _MARKER

This will be exported into _marker@16.

But I Need _MARKER@16. The executable call this routine (with upper cases)

What have I to do?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Two choices:

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT,STDCALL,REFERENCE,DECORATE,ALIAS:"MARKER" :: MARKER

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT,CVF :: MARKER

Note that the latter changes where character lengths are passed. Your use of _MARKER as the name in the directive is incorrect - omit the leading underscore. The compiler will add it where necessary. Note that directives can't be continued (with the exception of OpenMP directives), but you can have multiple ATTRIBUTES directives to "build up" what you need.

The error you show in the first post is the compiler complaining that you've called MARKER from a context where you haven't declared it as being STDCALL, so you need to add a directive or explicit interface saying so visible to the caller.

0 Kudos
Wagner__Urs
Novice

And this?

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT,STDCALL,REFERENCE,
     & ALIAS : '_MARKER@16' :: MARKER

It seems to work.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There are a number of compiler options as well as directives that affect the names generated for external symbols. Perhaps it would be better if you told us what you are aiming to accomplish. Are you targeting X64? For IA32, try:

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES STDCALL,REFERENCE,DECORATE,ALIAS:'MARKER' :: MARKER

P.S.: FORUM MODERATOR: I did not see Dr. Fortran's reply when I posted this. He has already covered the issues more fully, so this post can be deleted.

0 Kudos
Wagner__Urs
Novice

I am using 32 Bit, the attributes with decoration works fine.

But ..

CALL MARKER (IMARKER,SX,SY,HEIGHT)

in the same module generates the error

Required explict interface for a procedure with C bla bla ....

What have I to do here?

I see the problem with 64 and 32 bit.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Simple solution is to add the same directive (but omit DLLEXPORT,) in the caller.

I did not think directives could be continued, but maybe they can.

0 Kudos
Wagner__Urs
Novice

I added !DEC$ ATTRIBUTES STDCALL, REFERENCE :: MARKER

Then I get the error

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _marker@16 referenced in function _SMARKER

because the name is _MARKER@16, I think.

How can I force upper cases?.

I tried also the other option cvf, then I can build the dll and the executable using this dll. But at running the exe crashes.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It would help us to respond better if you told us what you are trying to accomplish. Why does a "Fortran newbie" bother with non-standard calling conventions?

0 Kudos
Wagner__Urs
Novice

Normally I am using C#.

Now I have to build a Fortran DLL for existing Fortran executables. They have used I think  in the build process for the exes the  /iface:stdref option. (I am not shure). What I know is the dll calls are with upper cases, so _MARKER@16.

I thought that this is a simple Task.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I think that they are responsible for giving you a complete and accurate definition of the interface and calling conventions of the EXE(s) that will call your DLL, unless they are trying to subject you to a stress test.

Explain to them that they need to specify the requirements before you can begin to code the solution.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Use the directives I suggested above in post #4 (without DLLEXPORT). You left out too much.

0 Kudos
Wagner__Urs
Novice

Thanks

I am using

!DEC$ ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT, REFERENCE, CVF :: MARKER

and the CVF (/iface:cvf) Compile Option.

Now it works.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

If you're using /iface:CVF you don't need CVF on the ATTRIBUTES directive. My preference is to not use /iface at all and use directives only where needed.

0 Kudos