Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Link problem

Andreas13
Beginner

Dear all, 

I received the following error message during compiling a simple Fortran script: 

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 17.0 Build 20180907
Copyright (C) 1985-2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

ifort: NOTE: The evaluation period for this product ends on 8-aug-2020 UTC.
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 14.00.24215.1
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

-out:Test_HelloWorld.exe
-subsystem:console
Test_HelloWorld.obj
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "ifconsol.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden.

Boundary conditions: Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and Intel Parallel Studio XE 2018 

Maybe you have an idea how to solve it.

Thanks a lot, and best from Austria,

Andreas

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

How did you open the command line prompt? The error is that the linker cannot find one of the required Intel Fortran libraries. If the Intel-provided command script is used, the location for this library is automatically added to the LIB environment variable, which the linker then sees.

I wonder if you used some other method to have the command line recognize "ifort" but not the other definitions the Intel script uses.

You should start the command session either by using the shortcut Intel installs under Start > Intel Parallel Studio 20xx > Compiler 1x.x for Intel 64, or by executing this command in your own command session:

call "%IFORT_COMPILER17%bin\ifortvars.bat" intel64

I am somewhat confused by your post, however. You say you have Intel Parallel Studio 2018, the compiler says it is the 2017 version, and you seem to be running under an evaluation license, which is strange for a three year old version.

0 Kudos