Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Linker can't find __intel_new_feature_proc_init

PeterG
Beginner

I have recently got a new Windows 10 PC and have installed Visual Studio 2019 and Intel Visual Fortran 2020.

I'm having difficulty linking a Fortran project.

The same project builds OK on a colleague's machine which has Visual Studio 2017 and Intel Fortran 2019.

Initially I got the following link error messages:

1>libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2005: sprintf already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2005: printf already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR110D.dll)
1>libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __stdio_common_vsprintf referenced in function sprintf
1>libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __acrt_iob_func referenced in function printf
1>libirc.lib(irc_msg_support.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __stdio_common_vfprintf referenced in function printf
1>WC_Full\x64\WC_Full_x64.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

I told it to ignore libirc.lib and then got:

1>libifcoremdd.lib(for_main.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __intel_new_feature_proc_init referenced in function main
1>WC_Full\x64\WC_Full_x64.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I searched the internet for "__intel_new_feature_proc_init", and found remarks about building with old versions, but nothing that I understood in detail.

We have to call and build with a couple of C libraries from another company which were built years ago. We lease our software executable to the other company and they insist that we build with these old libraries for compatibility with their other software.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You have tried linking your code with libraries that are incompatible, and found that the incompatibility is real.

Either persuade the other company to provide you with a version of their library that is compatible with VS2019, or use an older version of IFort that is compatible with the old version of VS that that company is forcing you to remain compatible with.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

You have tried linking your code with libraries that are incompatible, and found that the incompatibility is real.

Either persuade the other company to provide you with a version of their library that is compatible with VS2019, or use an older version of IFort that is compatible with the old version of VS that that company is forcing you to remain compatible with.

0 Kudos
joerg_kuthe
Novice

Have you tried to exclude the MSVCRTD.lib from your linker input (Debug configuration; Ignore Specific Libraries)?

Jörg Kuthe
(working for Intel Elite Resellers qtsoftware.de and polyhedron.com)

0 Kudos