Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28444 Discussions

Memory Access Analysis - Cache Bound

hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

Hello,

Vtune's memory access analysis shows a very high metric for my program being memory bound (80% mostly l1 cache bound). However, the bottom up analysis puts essentailly all the blame for this on an intel library function libifcoremdd.dll-func@0x1800775c0. Since the memory access analysis does not collect the call stack I don't know how to use this information. Is there a way to tell which calls from my program are responsible for the inefficient memory access identified here? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

OK I figured it out. This was probably a silly question. I just ran a basic hotspot analysis and searched for the function in there and I could see the call stack of the function that the memory analysis flagged as causing me issues from there. That just raised a bunch of other question but as I have answered my original question I will close this thread.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
hentall_maccuish__ja
New Contributor II

OK I figured it out. This was probably a silly question. I just ran a basic hotspot analysis and searched for the function in there and I could see the call stack of the function that the memory analysis flagged as causing me issues from there. That just raised a bunch of other question but as I have answered my original question I will close this thread.

0 Kudos