Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Message Error: error while loading shared libraries: libcxa.so.5

clima
Beginner

Hi everybody!
I'm having a problem when I execute a program in fortran. The error message is this

error while loading shared libraries: libcxa.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
It makes the .exe but It doesn't work. I've already checked de ifortvars.sh file and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/intel_ifc_80/lib" is well directed. And the library libcxa.so.5 exists in /opt/intel_ifc_80/lib
I've also searched in this forum but I haven't found a solution yet.
Thanks.
Laurie.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ron_Green
Hi Laurie,

Wow, a 8.x compiler.

It's probably some odd runtime env problem - hard to say.

You can compile with -static-libcxa and just statically link it.

OR try

ldd foo.exe

and see where it thinks it's getting libcxa.so.5

ron
0 Kudos
clima
Beginner
Sorry, I've forgot to tell you, my compiler is intel fortran 8.1, and running in Fedora Core 6. I've tried to do this: ldd foo.exe but I don't have that executable, or I don't know where to find it. Thanks anyways Laurie
0 Kudos
clima
Beginner
Hi everyone! After many time fighting with this problem I have solved it at last. I've executed the comand env and I've seen that wasn't there. So I've wrote source /opt/intel_ifc_80/bin/ifortvars.sh after that I've executed env again and the LD_LYBRARY_PATH was there now. Then compiled mi program, and the error message about the library was gone. Now I've another error message but I'll research about it better before I ask for help. Thank you!! Laurie
0 Kudos