Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Missing certificate preventing installation

Scott
Beginner

I have been using an older (2013) version of Intel Fortran.  I am now trying to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows 2020.

After the the package extracts I get a pop up that says: “An AddTrust certificate is required to install this software.  The required certificate was not found on your system…”

I downloaded and installed what I thought was the right certificate (addtrustexternalcaroot.crt) but I still get the same message.  The certificate installed correctly as far as I can tell.

This is on a Windows 7 machine that is not connected to the internet so may be out of date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

See if the suggestions in https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-fortran-compiler/topic/812839 help. If not, I recommend reporting the problem to Intel through their Online Service Center.

0 Kudos
Scott
Beginner

I read through that and thought I had followed the suggestions but maybe not.

In your example for the digital signature it says the issuer is QuoVadis.  On mine, the issuer is identified as "Intel External Issuing CA 7B".

In my list of certificates, I have "AddTrust External CA Root", and "QuoVadis Root Certification Authority" but I don't have "QuoVadis Root CA 2" (as in your example), or anything that mentions Intel.

Is there a different certificate that I should have?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

It was a few years ago that I wrote that post, and it looks as if things have changed. Now the installer wants:

Annotation 2019-12-19 132848.png

So see if https://sectigo.com/resources/how-to-install-root-and-intermediate helps. You want the ComodoCertificationAuthority CA.

0 Kudos
Scott
Beginner

That did the trick.  I never got the certification path you show in your post - I just see Comodo with no subordinate certificates - but that is apparently sufficient as it installed without problem after that.

Thanks!

Scott

0 Kudos