Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Need Intel Fortran 2017

SaeedM
Beginner

Hello

Due to some compatibility issue, I need to install the older version of Intel Parallel studio XE 2017 Update 5. Does any body know how to install that specific version?

Best regards

SaeedM 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Do you have a support contract? If so, you can request it by opening a support ticket. If not, then no. Why do you need that specific old version? If it's for "compatibility" with some third-party product, you can use the current 2021 version, at most making small changes in the paths of scripts and libraries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Do you have a support contract? If so, you can request it by opening a support ticket. If not, then no. Why do you need that specific old version? If it's for "compatibility" with some third-party product, you can use the current 2021 version, at most making small changes in the paths of scripts and libraries.

0 Kudos
SaeedM
Beginner

Hello Steve

This is what I get:

error #7881: This module file was generated for a different platform or by an incompatible compiler or compiler release. It cannot be read. [IVPAG_INT]

It is a third party library that apparently not compatible.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That's an IMSL module. My guess is that you are mixing 32-bit and 64-bit - you'll get that error if you do. Make sure that you have specified the correct IMSL module path for the platform you are using. Intel compilers can read old .mod files.

0 Kudos
SaeedM
Beginner

Hello Steve, Thanks for the information, you were right. I fixed the issue by changing to 64 bit.

0 Kudos