Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Need download link for Intel Fortran Composer XE 2011 update 1

Tom_Smith
Beginner

Hello,

I need access to an older version of the Fortran compiler for linux. 

12.0, 2010/11/16 build, which I believe is Composer XE 2011 Update 1.

I have a license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux, but the oldest download I can get to is XE 2013 initial release.

How can I get a download for XE 2011?

Thanks,

Tom 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-installation/

Note that for "sufficiently old" versions, only the latest update is available. Why do you need that specific old version? I would not recommend it and it might not install on a more recent Linux version.

0 Kudos
Braun__Jay
Beginner

For one project, I used a thermal simulation product called SINDA, which required Intel Fortran Version 11.  But ifort v11 was bundled with the product; I don't know if the cost of SINDA, which was way more than Intel Fortran, included an old license.

In any case, if you are using a package that requires this specific version of Intel Fortran, is it possible that the vendor can provide it?

Jay

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

When an application specifies a specific ifort version , it generally means that is the version which was tested with that release.  As the ifort libraries support earlier releases at least to the extent Steve indicated, the next newer version from the download site should work at least as well.

0 Kudos